7-Tips to help YOU with Adrenal Fatigue
Click on the image above to watch.
On Friday, September 15th, I went LIVE on Facebook – which I do every Friday at 1:00 pm EST – and talked about Adrenal Fatigue.
BTW – not many GP’s know how to diagnose this and many people are often misdiagnosed and told they are suffering from anxiety and/or depression.
7-Tips to help YOU with Adrenal Fatigue
- 75% report high stress in the last month
- 70%-women stress about their own health & how it affects their family
- 90% of illnesses are related to stress
80% of North American’s have Adrenal Fatigue (AF) – from prolonged and/or intense stress
- When your adrenals can no longer function, it causes your Adrenal Glands to shut down – Adrenal glands are important for everyday health
- AF affects the ability to absorb vitamins & minerals
- Mental & emotional well-being is affected
- Increase in cortisol which decreases good gut bacteria
Who are Most at Risk?
- Shift Workers
- Front Line Workers (police, paramedic)
- Medical Professionals
- History of trauma or severe illness to you or a close family member
- Eating disorder
- High Emotional Stress
- Poor Diet
- Lack of Exercise
Looking at the last, highlighted three, I am 99.9% sure one, two, or all three pertain to you (which I explain more in detail with examples and why they apply to YOU).
Signs & Symptoms
- Fatigue and/or exhaustion
- Lack of exercise tolerance
- Muscle loss and/or weakness
- Joint and/or muscle soreness (not from exercising)
- Poor quality sleep and/or insomnia
- Irregular periods (not PMS related)
- Irregular blood sugar levels
- Extreme PMS syndromes – waking up really grouchy with little or no patience
- Weight gain and/or inability to lose weight
- Loss of motivation
- Salt/sugar cravings
- Chronic thirst
- Low mood/brain fog/anxiety
- Afternoon second wind
- Allergy/chemical sensitivity
- Electronic/cell phone sensitivity
I’ve highlighted, in pink, what my key signs/symptoms for AF were.
LOOK, here is a basic skin test you can do to see if you are having Cortisol issues:
- Using a sharp object like a fork, your sharp fingernail, I used the end of a paperclip, draw a line on your skin – your stomach is the best place
- You’ll observe it immediately goes white, then red.
- BUT. if the line you drew doesn’t go red, then this is a key sign you are having cortisol issues.
There are better tests you can do to determine if you have Adrenal Fatigue – send me an email for your test list (subject, AF tests).
Basic Tips to help you recover/get out of Adrenal Fatigue
- eliminate sugar & caffeine
- eat 4 – 6-small meals spread throughout the day (email me for your FREE 7-day meal plan; subject – meal plan)
- consume fermented foods at least during 3-meals (I add sauerkraut)
- Vitamin C (also helps with allergies – I drink warm lemon water every day upon waking)
- Probiotic Enzymes
- Light weights & cardio
- Longer rest between sets – I had to lay off all weight & resistant training for almost 8-weeks but I did continue with walking, riding my bike, and hikes
Interested in a Customized 30-day exercise plan with chart, let me know
- YOU need good quality adequate 6 – 8-hours sleep NOT LESS
- Look at your work habits – do you take an hour lunch break or do you sit and eat at your desk?
- Connect with nature – I do this daily during my runs and walks
- Mindfulness & self-love – go to my Facebook Group, Moms Inspiring Moms for your health prescriptive dose of this
Not too many people know this, but I had to put Body Business on hold from mid-July to September 4th because I was in Acute Adrenal Fatigue, and close to going into Chronic. For 8-weeks I was no longer training my clients, I stopped teaching my fitness classes, put all my online programs and services on hold and even took a 2-week break from all social media (you may recall my OFF THE GRID post).
My business is my bread & butter, so financially this was very hard, but I couldn’t continue heading where I was without thinking about my health, so I needed to take life dependent immediate action!
Please share my blog with someone you care about and needs to hear and read my post.
Contact me if you are worried you may be suffering from Adrenal Fatigue, and comment below as I love reading your feedback.
See you over in my Facebook Group Page, Moms Inspiring Moms.