7-Tips For Walking With Success
Walking With Success. If you are very new to exercise or haven’t participated in any form of exercise for more years than you can remember, I highly recommend you begin with walking 20-minutes every day.
Walking is a natural form of movement that most of us were born to do – your body instinctively knows how to move and if you suffer from any form of arthritis, then this is the type of exercise you definitely need to do.
Below are my seven top tips that will get you out and be walking successfully.
1. You need to have a good, supportive pair of running shoes and wear comfortable breathable clothing. If you walk for more than 30-minutes, bring a water bottle with you to keep hydrated. Oh, and wear your sunscreen.
2. Wear a pedometer to keep you encouraged to walk a little further and take a few more steps every day. Setting a goal of taking 10, 000 steps a day, is an ideal target.
3. Map out your walk before you head out, and track your distance. You are more likely to stick with your daily walking routine when you visually see how many kilometers and how many days you’ve already logged. There are many free mapping websites specially made for walkers that are available for you to use. Extra bonus, as your walking pace, picks up, or your walking becomes easier to do, you may want to challenge yourself to beat your old times and/or can begin increasing your distance!
4. Listening devices is something that I do not recommend you wear. The reason being is that you want to be able to hear what is going on around you. Tune into the sounds of nature all around you and be aware of how your own body is feeling.
5. Whether you walk on your own or with a walking buddy, it’s vital to stay focused on your own personal goal. If you’ve selected to walk a set distance, a time frame, or you’ve decided to power walk, stay accountable to yourself and let your walking buddy know this. Acknowledging your personal goals and keeping them is demonstrating self-confidence and self-worth.
6. Stretch after your walk because it’ll make the difference between not being sore vs being sore later. Stretching improves your flexibility, your walking pace, and your bodies ability to keep moving.
7. Keep a journal of your walking journey. It’s a great resource for you to see how far you’ve come, to read over your ‘travels’ and to keep you inspired to keep moving and walking for those days you just want to sit and do nothing. Celebrate your accomplishments!
So what’s stopping you from heading outdoors and going for a walk today?
Make it your personal mission to include walking and gain the countless benefits of exercise. ©
Comment below. I’d love reading your feedback on walking as a form of exercise. Where are your favourite places to walk?
Share this blog with your friends by simply clicking on the share button.
Are you interested in working with me? Here’s how to get started.
Step 1. Schedule a Complimentary, no obligation 30-minute SKYPE Strategy call with me. You can do that right here, https://secure.scheduleonce.com/tanyaottersteinliehs
Step 2. Watch your email for questions from me. Before we hop on the phone, I’d like to know a bit about you and what you’d like to get out of working with me.
Step 3. Reply to that email by answering the questions, and hit “send”.
Step 4. At the scheduled time of your strategy call, we’ll consult and you can ask me your burning questions! We’ll use this opportunity for me to give you answers and to make sure we’re the perfect fit before you commit.
Step 5. Then we’ll get started! If you decide to work with me, I’ll tell you the exact steps for getting started. If you decide not to work with me or if we aren’t a perfect fit, I’m happy to share other resources to help you get what you need.
Have any other questions? Email me